If it’s not one thing, it’s another eh? As blogger is temporarily on hiatus, I am typing this blog on Word. It is not without a hint of irony that I said I am typing on Word, because it was giving me problems since last Thursday. I would try to open Word, and see…nothing…blankness. But, it would follow shortcut keys and actually open. I thought many things:
1) Oh drat, it’s the end of my productivity
2) A file is corrupted! Auntie Em, Auntie Em!
3) Office had gone beserk, despite the fact that all the other Office applications worked just fine
4) A spyware or virus had eaten Word as a tasty snack
5) By enabling a “feature” to save versions of my documents, I had unleashed the Hounds of Hell and they were attacking Word. Poor helpless little software.
So…trying to be e-savvy, I did the following. Reupdated virus definitions and ran Norton several times, bought (ack!) Spybot, uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003, defragmented my C drive, ran scan disk, and prayed to the all knowing Gatesian god from (longitudinally) above. Alas! None of this worked, although now I must mention how awesomely fast my computer is running. I know that y’all are wondering what caused this problem, and took away many hours of grad student productivity.
The answer is…
Yeppo. In a blonde moment of epic proportions, I had *forgotten* that I was using two screens when I was visiting
Word out, yo. :) LJS