I contribute to the Monkey Barn, it's great fun to blog with people who are fun and think in ways that are both alike and very different from me. We're on hiatus until the Barn Overlord (Hyperion) decides to let us play again. Bummer, indeed. To honor the temporary passing, and alleviate my high level of boredom, I thought it'd be fun to make a top 10 list of sayings that incorporate the word "monkey". And I'm currently listening to the Dead ("Looks like Rain", natch).
The ass-kicking top ten phrases/sayings that use the word "monkey" are...
10. Monkey Business:
9. Monkey see, monkey do:
8. Spank the monkey: no picture necessary
7. I'll be a monkey's uncle
6. "Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free? Why can't you do it? Do you love your monkey or do you love me?" (George Michael):
Hee hee hee. In light of (curious) George's escapades, these lyrics are tragically hip.
5. More Fun than a Barrel of Monkeys
4. "Oh boy, the monkey is going to pay." (The Simpsons, 32 Short Films About Springfield)
3. Monkey on your back
2. Hey, Hey, We're the Monkees, and people say we monkey around
yeah, you knew this was coming...but who doesn't love "Sprockets"??
1.Vould you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Love him!
OK, now I am as happy as a little girrrrllll.
Chow and Gatty five, :) LJS