28 April 2009

A new land distance record?

In order to avoid the wrath of Hyperion's "wit", I decided that I will just write a "bit" a day. Wait. I'm sure I can haiku this sentiment...

Hypey's biting wit
I avoid because I care
Thus I write a bit

Heh.

Anyhoo. I am loving my outdoor performance gear sunglasses. They are fashionable, lightweight and make me look so darn cute! And, I registered for the Dexter-Ann Arbor half marathon! It will (alas) be my only spring race. But, I do have a budget and I do have summer plans that I must save up for.

This month, so far, I have run 73 miles. This is very close to my record of 78.4 miles in July 2006. I am psyched because I have three more running days left in April and I know that I will make a new record this month. I wasn't even trying to break my distance record. Yay for this new moderate-consistent plan! I am enjoying a longer run mid-week, it makes the Sunday long run feel a bit more within reach.

1 comment:

Hyperion said...

I am very proud to me that I have actually helped someone write! Lord knows I don't write any more, so it's nice that I can at least be a part of the process.

As for sunglasses, I am quite jealous of your stylish shades. (I just spent 4 minutes trying to come up with a cool new euphemism for shades. Oh well. soon.)

Part of my jealousy rests in the fact that my head is approximately the size of Keith Olbermann's self-righteousness, and regular sunglasses fit me not. I recently ordered a pair online that caters specifically to fad heads (fatheadz.com), so we'll see.