25 March 2008

OK, so there goes the Cleveland

In my best Stewie voice, I've been cursing my left knee. Daaaaaammmm you kneee! What's wrong? It's freaking sore as heck. Here, let me bore you with my symptoms.

My posterior medial knee are is sore and is sore to the touch. My front shin, closer to my patella, rather than my ankle is also sore. It hurts the back of my left knee to sit in virasana. (btw, awesome legwarmers eh?) And I can't stretch the leg out without it feeling tight and sore. I stopped running because it hurts too much during and after the run. (I can just feel the pounds creep on) I stopped training for Cleveland and I doubt I'll be well enough for the Martian half. Daaaaaaaammm.
I've been doing R.I.C.E. for treatment, and have myriad doctor's appointments. Hopefully I can salvage my knee in time for the Dexter-Ann Arbor. Until then...active rest will commence. Walking home, looking like a fool on the elliptical, and getting my bicycle ready for riding. These should keep me, at least, somewhat in shape until this thing gets better.
BWAH!
But, hey, Detroit is *only* 7 months away. And, I hate training in the summer but I want to run a marathon this year. I'll have plenty of time to train for Detroit. This time, I'll be more diligent about maintaining a weekly base mileage of 15-20 miles/week. I think I did too much, too fast-on a stupid track, nonetheless.

Not everyone can win, but everyone can be consistent.

1 comment:

Sparky Duck said...

Does R.I.C.E work that well? I usually cant get past the I