29 June 2008

Two papers, two more betas

Sometimes I wish I'd see more researchers not be so overly optimistic about their data. It's OK to doubt your own data,I think, and communicate that to the public.
Besides, it's way more fun to write the beta version of a conclusions section than what the public will actually see. But, remember, I'm very critical of my data and also very pessimistic.

Paper #1 conclusions

I think my results are on the deep side of depressing, but my advisor likes them. So maybe I’ll hold off on ritualistic hara-kiri.

Paper #2 conclusions

These results are not quite as cringe-inducing as my other data. But, I still reserve the right to take a Tracy-Lynn style spoon to my vital organs as I see fit.

5 comments:

Dragon said...

I think your data is darling. Of course, I have no idea what you're talking about but I will not have you dissing LJS. Do you hear me?! Don't make me come up there.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

{sniffling}
Dragon, if you do come over can you make some soup??
:)

Dragon said...

Honey, I'll make you anything you want.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Yum yum yum! :)

Dragon said...

By the way, come over to the kitchen and tell me what you'd want as your last meal.