12 March 2009

I'm training

"Let's face it, most of us are scoffers. But moments before zero hour, it did not pay to take chances." -Ralphie

It is time to train. It is time to deny, push, and push some more. I have set some hard goals for the spring! Four races in three months, maybe two half-marathons. From April 'til June, I'll be lacing up in the wee hours of the morning and hitting the road in a test of my will and my physical self. The long runs are getting longer.

Some quick changes here in the Den: I changed the "photos" links to all of the races I plan to run. And I'll be posting more about my training, mostly to keep up my energy. I need all the help I can give myself...so I can beat myself. Existential huh?

So this year, I have made peace with my 4 runs/week training schedule. I just can't push myself to do 5. So, I am trying a variation on the moderate-consistent plan (see Episode 76) in which I have less days to run, but I run longer during those runs. I think it'll be good.

:) LJS

No comments: