02 December 2006

Back in the saddle

My motorized pirate ship is in the shop of "still don't own one", so I usually skulk around town on a bicycle or use the public bus. It has been two weeks since I've been on my bike and today marked the first time I got back on the proverbial saddle.
I sure picked a fine day too: cold, windy, and slightly forebearing skies. I guess that's actually "good" for a Michigan December. But my early morning yoga class beckoned, and I hopped on my bike after putting on several layers and looking something like Randy from "A Christmas Story".
I'm geeked about the fact that I can still ride my bike in December, but it was really windy and I wasn't sure if it was me peddling or the wind blowing me that caused me to magically appear in downtown. But, it's all good!
Tommorow is the annual "Ber and LJS Cookie Making Day"-a veritable marathon of sugar induced cookie-making madness. Nine types of cookies (plus bourbon balls) and two gals in their jammies. Let's see: Oatmeal Raisin/Oatmeal Butterscotch, Molasses, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Crinkles, Snickerdoodles, Russian Tea Cakes...ad infinitum. Ohhh yeah! I'm very much looking forward to tommorow!

And, now I'm going to marinate in the awesomeness that is "Firefly".
Choooowwwww.
:) LJS

2 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

MMM, I cant wait until after next week so I can start our cookie explosion in Chez Duck.

Ive never gotten Firefly, I loved Andromeda, Firefly has just never caught me

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

LOL
Cookie explosion, yeah that's what it feels like. Enjoy your cookie making w/ Mrs. Duck!