25 February 2007

Democratically

Since I'm waiting for the sidewalks to get cleared up before I go for my Sunday long run, I thought I'd regal y'all with my awesome goings-on. Yesterday I attended, nay, I was a delegate, at the winter convention of the Michigan Democratic Party. BTW, it's super easy to be a "delegate" of a political party-just be a member of the party at least 30 days before the convention and then show up. You'll have voting rights then. :D
So, Delegate LJS woke up way too early for a Saturday and rode to the convention with some fellow Dems. I dressed like a graduate student (khakis with tshirt and sweater), with a bit of extra makeup so I wouldn't scare the masses. NB this point-it will come into play later on. It was good to see people I had met earlier, and it felt like I am becoming less like a stranger and more like a participant. Yes, my stalker was there too and was a bit stalkerish.

(Now don't act too suprised that I have a stalker. My divine sensuality combined with my killer intelligence and awesome legs would almost dictate that I have at least 2 or 3 stalkers in each state. Still, repeat after me. "Stalker. Ewwwww.")

Since it's a non-election year, we broke up into caucuses in the morning. I went to the Justice Caucus (of which I am a deputy treasurer) and the Blogger Caucus and learned alot about issues that are important to these groups. I had lunch with the folks in the 15th congressional district-a very nice meal hosted by our congressman.

**NOW BEGINS THE SECOND AWESOMEST MOMENT OF THE WEEK**
During lunch, the other two girls I was with asked "Would you like to get your picture taken with Granholm"? Now, for all of you in the know...I absolutely ADORE Jennifer Granholm, our current govenor. She's up there with John Roberts in terms of geek crushes. So, I answered "oh yes" and for 2 minutes we held audience with JGran. She's even more energetic and prettier in person-periwinkle is her color indeed. For 120 seconds, I could think of nothing but "dammit I should have worn something nicer today". But at least I wore makeup.
**NOW ENDS THE SECOND AWESOMEST MOMENT OF THE WEEK**

Later, I'll muse about the irritating politics of hand clapping, standing O's, the appropriate use of the "woo woo" in public venues, and the inexplicable P-factor (the "thing" that makes someone a good politician). Trust me, that's at least an essay's worth of deep thoughts.

And, the photo is forth coming. Don't be jealous Ber, I have something for you.

My insanely bright and talented readers, you are wondering "so what was the first aweomest moment of the week"? Wait and I'll tell you.

Later.

:) LJS


9 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

it must be sweeps month still, this whole post was just a big teaser. I would be a delegate, except Harrisburg is so very very far away. And Grandholm is my favorite Canadian politician! You are one lucky blue gal

Dragon said...

But, but.....I wanna know nowwwwwwwwwwww! sniff sniff.

tiff said...

dude, spill!!

I should think you DO have at least 2 or three stalkers in each state. Seems only fitting.

Mad Sweeney said...

hmmmm...Jennifer Grandholm huh?

Mad Sweeney said...

Guess I should elaborate...She seems to be good for the state as a whole and has done many great things, including protecting the one thing near and dear to me as the right to self defense by use of a firearm. However, she gets a raspberry from me for being swayed by the HSUS on the dove hunting bill. Being swayed by the HSUS is like being swayed by PETA, and you know how I feel about PETA.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Mad Sweeney, I really wonder if dove hunting is a worthwhile hunting endeavor? Doesn't seem like there's enough meat to really be substantial, and seems like it's more of a sport thing. Maybe that's the point?
My self-defense mechanism is stinky hairy armpits...much less lethal.

Mad Sweeney said...

A sport thing huh? ok. we'll add this to the list of things that we won't talk about to keep the peace. Shouldn't have even bothered commenting.

Mad Sweeney said...

One of these days, we'll sit down over a beer and I will explain to you the reason why people hunt. In depth.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I'll gladly take a beer with you Mad Sweeney! I miss that!