1. Italy-This kind of goes without saying. But, I can see myself saturated in Italian grappa, artwork, and mountains for a month. Or several. One of my “things to do before I die” is to spend a day inside the Sistine Chapel to adore the works of my fave TMNT-Michelangelo. Plus, I’ve heard the Dolomites are breathtaking.
2. The Colorado “fourteeners”-a bit of heaven on earth. No visas, sherpas, or extreme gear required.
3. Any marathon course-it’s a goal, and I wouldn’t be as lazy if *someone* would train with me. I’d love to see the world from mile 26.2. It’s just that the training is tough and lonely.
4. Mt. Everest trek-After years of ego-cruising on the thought I can scale Everest, I’ve returned to earth. But I’d still like to trek to the base camp or Kala Pattar. It’s still not an easy trek-you do go to 5400 meters. So, instead of climbing Everest, I’ve decided to climb…
5. Kilimanjaro-it’d be great to see the icefields before they melt
6. The Gemini and Keck telescopes on Mauna Kea
7. New Zealand-The Milford trail is the “finest walk on Earth”, so I’ve heard. Regardless, two islands of great beauty. Not to mention…I *may* just run into Viggo Mortensen and a few hobbits.
8. London, Paris, and Berlin-all the museums, all the history.
9. Torres del Paine-I’ve seen trek pictures of this national park in Chile and I fell in love. It’s been a UNESCO biosphere reserve since 1978. Mountains, clouds, beautiful water. Heaven.
10. Biking across ‘Merica from the saddle of a hog. Just letting the wind and skies guide the way, leaving our troubles behind.
11. Any of the sites where the Leakey’s dug
12. The Galopagos-ahhhh evolution at its finest.
13. India-spending a month, or two, or three in India sounds very exciting to me. I’d love to get a feel for the diversity in the culture and visit all the non-touristy places.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants