30 April 2007

Neighborhood Stereotypes

I met the neighborhood pimp-daddy yesterday. I mean, every neighborhood should have a pimp-daddy (in addition to the crazy lady with 90 cats, the guy with rusted cars in the front yard, and the couple who keeps their windows open while having sex). At least, in my mind, they should. Keeps life fun ya know when there are interesting people around. Note that I haven't said dirty people, druggies, stalkers or flashers (because y'all know how I like to jail flashers). Harmless characters, just living their lives.

So...said pimp-daddy parks his car next to my empty car space. I was taking out my trash, and after 3.5 hours of spring cleaning. I had waved to him to be, ya know, neighborly...and he gets out of his Lincoln with Tom Petty "A little love is hard to find" blaring on the radio (no irony intended).
He comes over and gives me a warm handshake and introduces himself. I asked him if he has enough space to get out of his car. He asked me what I do in my spare time. Another warm handshake. We parted company.
Ladies, this gentleman is like Smoove B come to life. It wasn't so much in that he asked what I liked to do, he asked "what does a fine lady such as yourself enjoy in her spare time".

Well...now that you are asking...this lady likes to...
1. spend time with her husband
2. and her 90 cats
3. while he works on his rusted cars in the front yard
4. but before we engage in loud activities, with the windows open

5 comments:

Dragon said...

Dirty girl :)

Sparky Duck said...

yep, he was recruiting. And I just knew you were the windows couple.

Unknown said...

How amusing. That's the new neighbour?

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

This is my next-door carport neighbor.
Yes, Sparky, we are that couple.

tiff said...

Heh - I love guys like that. You just kinda figure they'd be good in bed....