13 October 2008

Can you adopt a loving cat?


Howie KATT had his annual vet visit last week. I wish it had gone well, but we got stuck with Dr. Inept Newbie because I forgot the name of his regular vet (never again, shall I forget her sweet name).

One GREAT thing about Howie's vet office is that they love cats. In fact, they are a cat-only clinic. Their adoption program is wonderful and I like to come to Howie's appointment early so I can play with all of the cats waiting for a loving home.

This year, one just nearly broke my heart. Meet Dr. Purr. Let me tell you about him. He was found in a dumpster at a local hospital along with some insulating foam. He's had a rough start! When I first met him at the cat clinic, he was shy and tired. But I opened his cage and started to give him "feeder love" and he instantly became a purring monster-wanting more attention and cuddling. Dr. Purr is so sweet and so kind and is one of those cats that will always love his feeder. He reminds me so much of Howie when I found him-a bit in rough shape but very affectionate, very mild mannered and very much ready for a good home.

I wish I could bring home Dr. Purr, but I think Lord Mullett would not be pleased.

Can you?

:) LJS

No comments: