03 December 2008

Christmas Baking

For a few happy Christmas seasons, Hea and I would play hooky, dress in our most comfy jammies and bake cookies all day long. We made anywhere from 6-8 different kinds of cookies and, at the end of the day, we had a 1 foot layer of cookies on her kitchen table. It was all sorts of yummy. At the end of our day, we'd order cheese pizza (extra well-done please) and ogle over our favorite spygirl: Jennifer Garner. I miss Hea all the time, but especially this time of year. Hopefully, she and Yaz will make their own cookies!

Anyhoo, THE MAN and I will be creating our own traditions this year. It's our first year together (as in we're not separated by 1000 km!) and we're planning on making candy and baked goods. I'm thinking of breaking out of the cookie mold, but it will mean that the goods will not last as long. So it'll mean I'll have to share the baked love more quickly.

Some candidates for the Christmas goodies? Gosh, go over to Dragon's kitchen and take your pick! I'm excited about her Caramel Cake with Carmelized Butter Frosting, and Cheesecake Pops. I think I'll still make the Michigan Treasure cookies since they were so yummy.

As for the candy? We're thinking hard candy-maybe some toffee, or peanut brittle, or a ginger/cinamon concoction.

2 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

TOFFEE. PEANUT BRITTLE. *drooling*

Dragon said...

I'll be baking all sorts of Christmas goodies this month, as soon as I feel better. :) Thanks for the plug.