15 January 2009

Idea for recipe!

I owe Hyperion some home-baked goodness and I have been thinking that I'd send him something sweet and unusual. I have a neat idea and I need feedback please! First, some background.

1) This morning I read an article about the latest food craze-salted caramel. Apparently, even Starbucks has a salted caramel hot chocolate. Mostly, these salted caramels are served with chocolate or covered with chocolate.

2) Next item! Another recent trend is the spicy chocolate. Chocolate kicked up a notch (sorry, had to use that) with the addition of some smoky ancho chili flavoring, cinnamon or cayenne.

I think that a spicy chocolate coated salted caramel would be really yummy and adventurous. The details, I am still working out. But I think that either a spicy chocolate brownie with salted caramel topping (a new twist on the turtle brownie) or a chocolate-coated caramel OR a spicy chocolate truffle with bits of the caramel inside the truffle. What do you think?

:) LJS

1 comment:

Dragon said...

I think Hyperion is one lucky boy.