27 April 2006

Happy Trails!

I'm kinda psyched because I am running my first race this year on Saturday! I will be running with a couple of other folks in my lab, and so it should be a great time! It's *just* 5 miles on a hilly dirt trail, and I've been subjecting myself to various hills in training so I hope that I'm ready. Because I run pretty slow, and don't really care about how I place in my age group and all that other ego-related jazz, I'm just looking at Saturday's race to be a good run in a beautiful park. But...if I manage to run near 11 minutes/mile, it'll be icing on the cake.
Keep it real. :) LJS

PS: Yipppee! Marathons!
__________________________________________________________________
5/1/06 update: My time was...11:07 min/mile... which is good for my slow-poke self! Next up is the Ann Arbor-Dexter 10K on June 4th!











4 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

Good luck with your marathon, LSJ!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Thanks Tracy Lynn. Thankfully it wasn't a marathon, just 5 miles. They were HELL though! :) ljs

Tracy Lynn said...

LJS, 5 miles might as well be a marathon to me, the inveterate couch surfer. YAY YOU!

Dragon said...

Awesome Girl!