04 August 2008

New Music Mania

Oh the musical treasure trove that is the local library! So this week's theme is "soundtracks", and I picked up three.
1) Scrubs
2) The Last Kiss
3) Little Miss Sunshine

At first listen, all three are great. One song in particular is striking, especially because I have days when just "riding" is so appealing. Let me introduce you to:

"Ride" by Cary Brothers

You are everything I wanted
The scars of all I’ll ever know

If I told you you were right
Would you take my hand tonight?
If I told you the reasons why
Would you leave your life and ride?
And ride…

You saw all my pieces broken
This darkness that I could never show

If I told you you were right
Would you take my hand tonight?
If I told you the reasons why
Would you leave your life and ride?
And ride…


In other news, I dropped my bike, hit 75 mph and fixed the brakes (but not necessarily in that order) . Now that the bike brakes are fixed, maybe now that ride is possible. I can go anywhere with my love by my side.
And, I finished "Pride and Prejudice". {swoon} What a lovely read! On to my next "summer reading" book.

No comments: