18 July 2006

Don't eat the...

...sushi if it's shiny, stinky, or has a funky two-toned color on it.

Just a little random lesson learnt from today lunch.

Ok bloggateers, LJS is back from her sojourn to Montreal and I have a few minutes left in my lunch "hour" to electronically jot down a few thoughts. I'm even wearing a red shirt today, so I am in full LJS mode. Ninja, Kirk fans, and evil thesis advisors BEWARE!

Random thought 1: Toronto traffic really sucks. If one wonders "How is it possible to traverse only 70 km in 90 minutes?", I suggest that they go to Toronto and find out. I would think that getting out of the only North American city affected by SARS would be a high priority and people would drive accordingly. Eh...not so much. (please note the effective use of the "eh")

Random thought 1a: Is "eh" a word, a phrase, or a way of life? Canadians, please feel free to put your comments here.

Random thought 2: Despite the traffic, my road trip was wonderful. I can't wait to do it again. Next time, though, I'm going to attach my solar-powered rail gun onto the front bumper to fix my issues with Toronto traffic. Travelling 606 miles in 10 hours (with ~ an hour of time for stops etc) is simply unacceptable. Maybe I should learn how to fly instead...

Random thought 3: Doesn't he look adorable???












Random thought 4: When in the hell are we going to Cedar Point?

Random thought 5: When the power goes out in your apartment, please remember that your showers are going to be akin to swimming in the Arctic Sea in January (but without the polar bears to motivate quick movements)

Random thought 6: Sometimes a piece of paper is the shortest path to happiness.

Random thought 7: No, this isn't a top 10 list.

Random thought 8: I'm a Gen X-er, mos def. I'm sick of old people telling me that "I can write my own ticket". I don't want to write my own ticket, dammit. I want someone to do it for me. Then I can come in after all the hard work is done, make loads of money, and spend the rest of the day with my sweetie pie.

Random thought 9: Mark Twain was so true when he said that there are 3 kinds of deception: Lies, damn lies and statistics

Random thought 10: Lunch time is over, cats really do slobber when they kiss you hello, art fair is so not fair, and I've got some swashbuckling to do!
Ahoy! :) LJS

6 comments:

Hyperion said...

you two are so cute it's almost unbearable

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Damn skippy! :D

Dragon said...

Welcome back LJS. Hypey's right, you two are adorable.

Ber said...

1. T.O. traffic is really terrible, especially driving with someone who grew up there, but never drove and only took busses. I do not recommend it, eh.

1a. Eh should never be used to start a sentance, eh.

2. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it. Movin' on

3. My teeth hurt.

4. Dude. When ARE we goin' to Cedar Point. I think this has become our mantra.

5. This is why natural gas is da bomb. heh. I slay me.

6. True dat, but coin goes a long way too.

7. Really? huh. Fooled me.

8. You're an awfully young Gen-Xer though if you can't remember Schoolhouse Rock. "Oh, I'm just a Bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill"

9. He also said, "It is true I have a passion for lying to rich people, but I do not lie to men who get their bread by thankless hard work" I think this covers grad students.

10. Arrghh, matey! Let's play pin the tail on the 'fair'ies, eh?

Miss, you, talk later....

Skittles said...

you two are more than adorable!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Of COURSE I remember Schoolhouse Rock! :D