23 July 2006

Welcome Home

I've become a convert to "A Prairie Home Companion", it seems like Garrison Keillor's voice was made for Sunday afternoons. A radio "geek crush" indeed.
Ray is now home, and it's evident that some people still haven't learned how to secure their wireless network. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Repetez apres-moi...Merci Ray.
This week, I coin July 28th as International Geek Crush Day and wonder if the Supreme Court justices are naked under those robes.
In another homecoming, of sorts, I celebrate the return of Ber to the train. Welcome back, mi amiga, we're going to have fun! After burning enough energy to launch a mini-rocket this morning, I'm taking it easy. So easy, in fact, that I took a nap and haven't finished cleaning chez Scarlett. And, I've already eaten all the leftover's from Ber's party last night. Yum. Homemade hummus, tabboluli, pickled turnips (!) and grape leaves. The eagle never fails to impress and surprise me. She is fierce and smart and has a sixth sense on finding her prey. Yet, she knows how to take care of her peeps and it's nice to see her tender side.
Heeding the call of the carb, :) LJS

No comments: