14 September 2006

Like a fine wine

Perhaps some of us do mellow or get better with age. I don't know. I've been reflecting on what Hypey had quoted when he nominated me into SKITTLEhood- "Pain is just weakness leaving the body". I can't say how much that quote has helped me out, and how much thought I've give it.
Geez if that quote's true, then I was a puny scrawny weak-ass pirate a mere couple of years ago. Because I had gone through alot of painful experiences-the pain sometimes returns, especially this time of year. I don't mark the onset of my adulthood when I hit my 20's. I marked it when I went through three months of pure emotional hell, and I lived through it-stronger and hopefully more kind and more sensitive. I had an epiphany, one I needed. Flying over the mist covered Smokies, I had written "Perhaps in grief, and one cannot see grace, that it is there for us in multitudes to support our sadness". I didn't feel alone after that, even though the worst was yet to come.
So, it's good to know that I'm not alone. Not now, not ever. I have my family and friends. I have my sunshine. And, even though this past year has not been easy, it's been made better by many things. Like the fact that I knew I did the right thing, for me. Like the fact that my sunshine has made my life so full of joy. Like the fact that my friends and family astonish me with their never ceasing capability for love.
So, I turn 31 in eight minutes. Tick tock. For all that was, for all that will never be, for all that is lost, for all that is found...I count my blessings twice and leave the rest behind.

Happy day! :) LJS

2 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, MATEY!

LOVE,
Your Pirate Pal

Hyperion said...

From all of us at Monkey Barn, and all of us at International Day, all of us at the Institute (and Hell: all of us who harbor the secret hope that one day you will become a stripper), Happy Birthday!

As the Karate Kid Montage might say, "You're the best....around...nothin's ever gonna keep you down!"