27 May 2007

This land is our land

Thanks to the rocking gal-duo of DebBer, we have a car on loan. I used the car today to drive up to my favorite park, Gallup Park, for a nice long-ish run.
The park was filled with lovely people, all enjoying a great late spring day with their families or enjoying a bit of running or biking. I love going to the park to see people relaxed and loving life. That's not the curious part though, although it is truly joyful. What I love the most about going to parks around here is seeing such a wide diversity of people. The promise of peace, love and equality is especially evident in public lands such as parks, or walking on sidewalks through my neighborhood. Look at the old couple strolling along, or the family on bicycles, or the couple hand-in-hand. Watch as I zoom past you with my lightening fast running. Ha ha ha. Not.

Perhaps a park can be an Eden, where we are all children of sunshine and joy.

Enjoy the lovely weather!

No comments: