30 May 2007

Typhoid Mary

I'm sure that y'all have heard about this fine gentleman who, knowing he had a drug resistant form of TB and told to remain under solitary confinement, travelled by plane to Greece to get married then tried to sneak back to the USA via a flight from Prague to Montreal. Then, he drove to NY and got tagged there. The man is currently under quarantine. I personally think that if he's so happy to give this form of TB to other people, then we shouldn't be obligated to treat him. Let him hang out in the hospital for ever and ever and ever.

In his words, “I’m a very well-educated, successful, intelligent person.” Really? I guess that intelligence and well-educated doesn't necessarily translate into being thoughtful and considerate person.

I am flabbergasted as to why he is not facing prosecution. I mean, it's against the law to knowingly transmit AIDS. Why is this case any different?
Grrrrrrrr.

5 comments:

tfmtkaytfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiff said...

mountaintop? light switch?

Made for TB Harry there.

Dragon said...

He should be prosecuted and held responsible for everyone who was on those flights and contracts the disease. God forgive if anyone dies because of this thoughtfulness. I couldn't live with that. I bet he'll get sued many times over. Dumbass.

Sparky Duck said...

you know why he did it don't you? He was getting married in Italy and im sure his wife was screeching all over the land about not getting married there, etc etc etc.

So, its the womans fault

Sea Hag said...

What pisses me off is that he knowingly exposed himself to the people who work on the border, who then come in contact with thousands of people every day. Has this guy never read 'The Stand'?