20 March 2007

My new cause

Today, during lunch, I discovered a shocking silent epidemic that's overtaking millions of American households. I was eating my vegetable soup, and was horrifed to notice the label had mentioned that all of the vegetables were...chunky. It made me wonder how did the vegetables get chunky. What are “they” hiding from us? The truth is out there, and....dammit, I'm going to do something about it!

Now imagine you're a wee pea vegetable, and you're growing up in a vegetable soup farm. Life is good, but you begin to notice that you're given a bit more Pepsi, you have a lot less room to play than the rest and, most importantly, you have so much spare time that you're at level 60 in WoW. One day, one fateful day, you look up from your veggie couch and notice millions of other vegetables all in a row...all drinking protein-enhanced Pepsi and slogging on cheesy poofs. Then you collapse because you can’t hold up the heft of your massive pods.

Awwww. Poor pea.

Do you think that, after all that suffering, your benevolent vegetable farmer would reward you with a little metal plaque or perhaps an upgraded video card? No! Poor vegetables. They are sacrificed like lemmings: usurped from their comfortable (if not cramped) abodes, chopped and boiled nearly-alive and then…of all indignities…called…Chunky.

Like I said...silent epidemic.

I hereby propose a new campaign. The “Pirates for the Emancipation of Rotund Vegetables” group. PERV’s everywhere will lobby for ethical treatment of veggies. We’ll have a two pronged approach. The first one is to campaign for free-range vegetables. When veggies can roam free, they taste better.

The second approach is to reduce the stigma of “chunky” that dominates our current soup market.

(btw...how can a vegetable be both fat-free and chunky?)

Join me, and become a PERV. Together, we can make a difference.

Ahoy! :) LJS

10 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

you are officially certifiable, and not just because you know there is a level 60 of WoW.

Details?

Dragon said...

Dude, that's messed up! But since its you, I'll become a PERV. Do I get an eye patch?

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Dragon, I know that you have a soft spot for ninja...but OF COURSE you'll get an eyepatch!
Sparky-I think I read about WoW in "Get Fuzzy". As for the certification? I'm certified in all 50 states and twice in Canada. ;)

Sparky Duck said...

i knew you were awesome, "get fuzzy" confirms it

Sparky Duck said...

and did you know you could spend hours at hyperion?

Biff Spiffy said...

Brilliant.

Hyperion said...

Lady Jane, I commend your effort to promote good health in vegetables, but you miss (or is it ignore?) the most obvious cause:

The Jolly Green Giant!

Please tell me the JGG Mafia didn't "reach out" to you, and that you're still following up leads.

Veggies everywhere are counting on you.

tiff said...

All's I can say is "I wish I'd thought of this."

Brills!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

The kind man sitting next to me tells me that I have no affiliation with the JGG...sorry Hypey. :D

So Tiff, will you join the PERV's? Didn't you already?

Unknown said...

:D Perv nation indeed.

Actually, from what I hear WoW goes to level 70. They also just got a new continent. I dare not even peek... Must Resist...

Good thing the perv force flows strongly within me to keep me safe from being tainted into everlasting worship of the epic human/orc struggle. ;)

ps. is it just me, or do other people come up with dumb little phrases when they look at the captcha's? This one is:
"pogmf"
I keep thinking 'Pog mutha-fucka!' As I said, I'm a weird one.

One more thing to keep me from posting. :p