21 February 2006

Beta Version: poor mousey knees!

No, I don't slaughter mice in my spare time. I just zap their body parts with a "laser". Here's a beta for my methodology of an abstract I'm working on. I just wish that my CV could be as lively.
Happy Tuesday y'all. :)
__________________________________________________________

Methods: Many mice knees were stored in a frozen boozy concoction until we removed them from their somewhat happy homes. Although it could be argued that a living warm body is the happiest home for mice, we just won’t go there. We stuck the knee joints under a laser and zapped them with some red light for a few minutes. Somewhere in those few minutes we somehow collected "data" in the shape of funny squiggles at specific points on the video screen. Then we tried to make the data look good. Actually, we tried really hard because it took four software packages, three averaging processes, two overt failures and a partridge in a pear tree. Despite the merry mélange of manipulation, we still managed to get errors in the ballpark of 20-120 %. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is take this data with a mine of salt.

No comments: