12 March 2006

Little surprises are the best

Sometimes, my mind is like a steel trap. I remember playing with kids in my neighborhood in Brooklyn when I was 2 and 3, eating Macaroni-n-cheese (Kraft Dinner to our Great White North blogees). And all sorts of useless tidbits, like the symbolism of equestrian statues and how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, are happily diffusing through my grey matter.
But, I am sometimes reminded that I am blonde. And, then I get very plesantly surprised. Like today. I thought that I'd have to wait until Tuesday morning for my sunshine, but my blondness did the calculation wrong and it turns out that it's actually Monday AM. I'm quite happy because it means a phone call a day earlier than thought.
My niece turned 6 last week! I'm happy to see that while she is growing up to be a fine young lady, she is still a wonderful and vibrant and joyful kid. I wish that bath time could be as fun for adults as it is for kids.

Y'all like the new word? Blogee. One who reads a blog. I'll be contributing to the Monkey Barn, so check it out. This little piratess is tired and sure could use massages, sudoku puzzles and warm chocolate cake. Ahhh...the LJS Sunday Sweet tooth.

No comments: