07 January 2007

Cast those pods like the spawn of satan

I have discovered a nifty perk of being podded. PODCASTS! I found a runner's podcast and he talks about the insanity of long-distance runners, training, and getting over the "wall". For anyone interested, it's the Phedippidations podcast. Right now, I'm listening to the "cold weather running" podcast-because let me tell y'all...running when it's 20F kinda sucks. Even though I do warm up while running, I feel a bit like that kid from "A Christmas Story" in the winter, but I love it. Layering up in the cold means:
2 pairs of pants
3-4 shirts: 1-2 undershirts, lined long jacket, fleece vest
1 wool hat, with ear thingys
gloves
warm socks
fleece buff

It'll be fun to download these podcasts onto my weeee iPOD and listen to them while I run or toil away at my thesis.
:) LJS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a fleece buff? Do I want to know?

I flopped around the neighborhood today, and did the layering thing. I bet my workout will be more effective when I exercise longer than the time it takes to get dressed.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

A buff is one of those things the "survivor" players wear. Super versatile, super good!
http://www.buff.es/newen.htm

Anonymous said...

what you need is a treadmill, not more fleece!

Have you tried the nike+ podcasts/playlists

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Treadmills really suck for me, I get dizzy and bored. They're kinda a last resort.
I've seen those Nike shoes...the only issue I have it is that they're Nike shoes. I'm a Mizuno/Brooks kind of gal-Nike's don't have enough support for me. I haven't podded while running yet also, I enjoy being as non-technie as possible...but these podcasts may be fun to try.

Anonymous said...

The true challenge is layering, but not so thick it impedes your running. A quick waddle just isn't attractive!

As a Michigander myself, I have to agree with your outdoors assessment.