13 January 2007

This lil piggie

Some wonderful folks, like Biff Spiffy and Tiff (hey..that rhymes...how cute!) are working really hard to get into better shape. Head on over to their chronicles and give them lots of support please! They are inspiring (and perspiring!); after reading their stories, I thought alot last night about my fitness-related 2007 goals. So...here they are.

1. Last year I ran 584 miles...nearly enough to see Francis. My first goal is to increase the number to yearly miles by 20%, so my goal miles for 2007 is 700. Last January, my monthly total was pathetic...~23 miles. I'm already on track to double that.


2. There is a hill in the Arb that is steep and long and I hate it (Tiff you may remember it? The one off of Geddes.). My second goal for 2007 is to LOVE that hill. So that means lots of hill repeats.

3. A spring half marathon: maybe the Martian Marathon half or the Ann Arbor Dexter half.

4. A fall half marathon (or full!?): the Detroit Marathon is very enjoyable.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for anything having to do with Ann Arbor.

And, no matter how much you run it, you dont have to love that hill. Somehow I doubt no matter how well he did, that Lance loved the Alps

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

True dat, but a hill and the Alps are totally different. For me it's more about changing my attitude from dreading hills to looking forward it them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, and holy cow.

Thanks for the support, and congrats on your unbelievable mileage and ambitious goals!

I wogged a mile today. Pathetic. But, it's getting easier.

And, it is kinda cute we rhyme... hee!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Wogging sounds like alot of fun! Congrats on your mile-that's how I started. I'm glad that you're seeing it's getting easier!

tiff said...

I'm not up to wogging speed yet, but figger the blinding 3.7 MPH I'm walking at is....uh......close?

And yeah - the rhyming. A sign of great things to come, I'm sure.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I'll hold you to that whole "warming up" bit my love. Because Mont Royal is calling my name. :D